PDA

View Full Version : Problem with view title w/ sheet reference

twollifur
2010-05-21, 01:59 AM
Has anyone else had a problem with the "view title w/ sheet reference" (M_View Title w Sheet-Ref Sheet.rfa) referencing the wrong sheet? If so, is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

rkitect
2010-05-21, 04:39 AM
I have not seen this occur in the 2010 Imperial family.

-Are you in 2011?
-I see the 'M' out front, is this the metric family?
-Is it referencing a random sheet, the sheet the drawing is on (as opposed to the referring sheet)?

Scott Womack
2010-05-21, 10:34 AM
Has anyone else had a problem with the "view title w/ sheet reference" (M_View Title w Sheet-Ref Sheet.rfa) referencing the wrong sheet? If so, is there a way to fix this?

I have not checked in 2011 to see if it has been fixed yet, but in all earlier versions, the " Back to Sheet" can't compensate for the original sheet view reference being hidden in view, or being turned off by a view filter. It will compensate for some view references set to not display below a giver view scale.

The "fix" is to remove the view with the hidden reference from a sheet. ( Then Save to Central) This causes the View reference to "update" to the next view reference location later in the sheet set. Then place that removed view back on its sheet. The View reference will now remain updated.

This behavior was introduced back with a release 9.1 when Hide in View was introduced. A more technical explanation may be that with Sections, etc. they got created in the earliest sheet, and then you hid it. The view (whether on a sheet or not, had the info updated into it. Since the system does not automatically update view titles every time you hide something in a view (performance issues) thus you have to sort of force the updating behavior as I described.