PDA

View Full Version : "Can't keep elements joined."

DanielleAnderson
2004-12-10, 06:49 PM
This is really annoying me, maybe someone can help. I am creating sidewalks on a site model using the in-place family tool on some rather hilly-Seattle terrain. The sidewalks are sweeps along a path that is about 6" above the slope of the hill. Then I have been using extrustion voids for curb cuts and corners. The problem I am having is that sometimes I can cut the corners just fine, but other times I make my extrustion outline and I get this error message:
"Can't keep elements joined."
It won't show me anything or tell me anything more. I have noticed that I can cut a void just fine as long as it does not have an arc in it, but I can't really avoid arcs on street corners...so, any ideas?
As a side note, I've been getting this error a lot lately with respect to walls joining roofs also.
Thanks!
Danielle

Wes Macaulay
2004-12-10, 07:20 PM
What this means is that the math is failing in Revit's modelling system and it can't make the feature you're modelling. Without seeing the file I can't comment on what sort of modelling operations might be causing the problem, or whether there may be a better way to do it.

If you want, PM or e-mail me and I'll give you instructions to FTP the file over so I can have a look at it.

PS: saw Alan last night who told me about the deep holes you guys are making. 200'! Unreal!

DanielleAnderson
2004-12-10, 10:19 PM
We are thinking this may be a "booleanesque" (sorry to invent words) issue...can anyone think of a work-around?

Dimitri Harvalias
2004-12-10, 11:43 PM
Not sure how you're going about things but try breaking it down into smaller pieces. That might help to isolate the locations which are giving you grief.