PDA

View Full Version : How to get total occupants with both gross and net calcs?

patricks
2010-05-23, 03:15 AM
I have a mixed use building containing both business areas and assembly areas. Business is figured by gross area, so I typically set up a schedule that reads areas from my area plans. Assembly, on the other hand, is figured by net area, which would be more easily figured by a room schedule reading the net areas of individual rooms.

Is there any possible way to have both area object data and room object data in a single schedule so that I can get a total number of occupants for the entire building?

twiceroadsfool
2010-05-23, 04:59 AM
I have a mixed use building containing both business areas and assembly areas. Business is figured by gross area, so I typically set up a schedule that reads areas from my area plans. Assembly, on the other hand, is figured by net area, which would be more easily figured by a room schedule reading the net areas of individual rooms.

Is there any possible way to have both area object data and room object data in a single schedule so that I can get a total number of occupants for the entire building?

Nope. Areas and Rooms currently dont play together, much to my chagrin.

patricks
2010-05-23, 04:56 PM
Guess I'll just have 2 separate schedules with a piece of text below to show the total count. I'll just have to remember to update it as we move through the design.

twiceroadsfool
2010-05-23, 07:00 PM
Guess I'll just have 2 separate schedules with a piece of text below to show the total count. I'll just have to remember to update it as we move through the design.

You need to make a SR asking for new functionality. Areas and Rooms would be SO AMAZING if Areas worked EXACTLY like Rooms, in the form of Walls should have TWO radio buttons: Room bounding, and Area Bounding.

AND, they should both be allowed in to a common schedule, like Multi-catagory.

AND, they should know what areas are in rooms, and what rooms are in areas.

sbrown
2010-05-24, 02:26 PM
I still use rooms for assembly calcs. If there are fixed aisle you can subtract them out with room separation lines. But I typically calculate assemblies as gross(room area to finish face of wall). Only if I need to reduce the load do I look for ways to subtract area out of the assembly space.