PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Schedule between projects

Joshua Kohl
2010-05-24, 02:28 PM
Good morning,

Is there a way of transfering or copying a schedule created in one project to another?

Thanks in advance!!

DaveP
2010-05-24, 02:49 PM
Piece of cake!
You need to use Insert Views from File on the Insert tab, not Transfer Project Standards.
You don't need to have the project that you're getting the schedule from open, either.

Joshua Kohl
2010-05-24, 03:51 PM
Sweet!! Thanks. I will have to check that out. Just made my day a whole lot easier!!

Dimitri Harvalias
2010-05-24, 04:58 PM
If both files are open, copy/paste works as well.

etboards17
2014-08-09, 01:47 AM
Has anyone else been experiencing this...?
Revit 2015: I have been copying and pasting schedules between 3 different pilot projects and, consistently, the To Room and From Room function has been malfunctioning. (Families are room aware with Room Calculation point turned on).

In context, I paste a schedule from a project to a project. I would expect the windows to report which room they are placed, but there is nothing in the To Room or From Room field and nothing to select in the drop down. To troubleshoot, I create a simple working schedule with To Room and From Room and the window reports the location correctly. This shows that the pasted schedule is not working correctly.
I tried:
-Removing the room fields and replace with no success
-removing windows and replacing windows with no success
The solution has, unfortunately, been to rebuild the schedule from new.

KoryCox
2014-08-12, 03:34 PM
Are you using a shared parameter in the schedule that might not be in all of the projects?

jsteinhauer
2014-08-12, 03:57 PM
Are you using a shared parameter in the schedule that might not be in all of the projects?

To & From parameters are hard coded into the Door & Window family categories, when these items get loaded into the project environment. Thus, users are unable to control them.

Etboards17,

Have you checked the Phase that the schedule is set to? Are they the same for each project? Do you have Room elements in your model, or are you using Spaces? In 2014, Spaces are not available in door schedules.

etboards17
2014-08-12, 11:10 PM
Same Phase as 'copy-from' project.
Room elements are present.
Not using spaces.

Steve_Stafford
2014-08-13, 05:24 AM
Just tried it with Revit 2015 Web update 3, worked fine.