PDA

View Full Version : Wood Framing Walls Exension

Mike_Maloney
2010-06-03, 11:37 AM
Anyone had any REAL GOOD LUCK using this extension. It seems that there is no way to really use any of the Revit Project Families that you generate from the Content Generator in the Profiles. When one launches the extension and go thru the initial setup, it defaults to "User defined section parameterization" radio button, and the "Revit project active families" is greyed out, thus not alowing any other types and/or sizes to be used. Only after using any default sizes, and letting it generate said pieces, and then closing/reopening does the "Revit project active families" become active. But even then, the extension does not see the other Families. What I am trying to do is to use this routine to generate and use the Light Gauge Metal profiles generated by the content Generator in the project. Since I work in Commercial Bldgs, and Wood walls are not allowed, then how does one generate Steel Studs?

Mike

Mike_Maloney
2010-06-03, 11:41 AM
Also wanted to add that even when using the Content Generator to create Wood Stud families, they aren't an option to use either.

DoTheBIM
2010-06-03, 12:40 PM
I wish they'd either pull this extension or make it intuitive/user friendly. Sorry, there's no room for LUCK with that extension.