PDA

View Full Version : Revit-sketch up-Piranesi combo

Wagurto
2004-12-12, 04:21 AM
I prepared this quick presentation for a client using this combo. I am glad of the results and specially the record time it took me to produce it.

beegee
2004-12-12, 06:33 AM
Nice work Wags.

I hope you mean the record quick time you took to produce it , not that it took a record time.... ummm, ahhh, hmmm ( don't know if that came out right ... )?

aggockel50321
2004-12-12, 12:51 PM
Nice.

How about a quick synopsis on how you used the three software packages to accomplish the result.

Wagurto
2004-12-12, 03:35 PM
Thanks Andrew and Bee Gee it took me 6 hours to do that image, that's I meant with record time Bee Gee, I modeled it in Revit, just walls with score lines, and reveals including the ones around the windows, scuppers, ramp and railings. Then I moved to sketch up to do the stairs, floors, grass etc, I did the shadows and extended edge lines in SU and then I moved to Piranesi to do background, people, landscaping, and the graphics effects.
Of course I did not get the project until my client saw his warehouse in this fashion.
Thanks to Revit, SU and Piranesi, the winning combo.

FK
2004-12-12, 07:09 PM
I hope you mean the record quick time you took to produce it Apart from the Guinness Book, is there a sport that concerns itself with record slow times? ;)

steve.70285
2004-12-12, 08:48 PM
I use all three also. I like the imaginary presentation that SketchUp and Piranesi allows without the detail, lighting and material tweaking in Revit. Nothing agains Revit...I like Accurender but find I'm spending too much time on the model due to it's style of presentation.

Here's a prelimenary massing presentation I'm working on for a Revit model in SketchUp. The Revit model is not complete but after playing with SketchUp I found I could create this type of presentation.

It took less than an hour to set up pages and settings in SketchUp to display an imported Revit model like this. But now it takes minutes to import a model that I've worked on and changed in Revit and create the same presentation.

The settings are low to acheive file size and sorry but had to zip due to avi files not uploadable.

Scott_Bloss
2004-12-13, 12:52 PM
Steve,

I have found the page tool in sketch up to be very powerful as well. I tend to create a fair amount of presentations this way as well. It is a very good and quick way to convey the design. Nice work thank for sharing.

steve.70285
2004-12-13, 04:23 PM
Scott,

I originally bought SketchUp to write epix files so I could import into Piranesi but with the page setup in SU...I'll be doing alot of presentations this way from now on. It was a hidden tool for me.

BillyGrey
2004-12-13, 08:05 PM
I also use the "trifecta".

With camera views and shadows on, it's getting close. We still need an
"overshoot" sketchy line mode for the camera views, and an epix export function.

For those wondering why not use the Vedute module that comes with Piranesi for import?
It doesn't translate views from dxf nearly as nice as the views you can set up in SU, or in Revit if it had the export capability.

Still hoping,

Bill

amitd
2005-01-04, 02:04 AM
" originally bought SketchUp to write epix files "
You can also create an epix file with the Piranesi companion "Vedute"
i.e export .dxf model from Revit, than bring it into Vedute and create an epix.