PDA

View Full Version : Project Browser

Allen Lacy
2003-09-26, 06:21 PM
I would like to have the ability to sort levels by their height. First floor, second floor, third floor, etc. When creating levels on the fly, sometimes I forget which is where.

Vincent Valentijn
2003-09-29, 09:09 AM
I would like to have the ability to sort levels by their height. First floor, second floor, third floor, etc. When creating levels on the fly, sometimes I forget which is where.

Maybe you should try remembering which is where instead? :lol: shouldn't be that hard...

gregcashen
2003-09-29, 02:32 PM
I tend to agree with Allen. There was a thread here or on the newsgroup a while ago about level naming methods for sorting levels by height in the browser. It had something to do with adding leading 0.0, 1.0, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2 etc. to the name so they ordered properly. Haven't used it yet cause I mostly work on 2 story stuff...But I can see the need for something better than the current methods. Anything to speed up my work.

aggockel50321
2003-09-29, 03:33 PM
I agree. In fact, I'd like to have the ability to have folders or some hierarchial system. I tend to duplicate levels & rename them a lot. With alphabetic sorting they separate from their parent (level copied from) level, & I like Allen get confused.

I might have three different remodel projects going on in one building model. It would sure help if I could take all the views for a particular remodel project and group them into a folder. I've tried by using similar first names, etc. but it makes my head hurt.

jbalding48677
2003-09-29, 04:17 PM
This issue has been brought up in the past at several of the the advisory meetings. The consensus was to make the browser customizable, allowing you to store the views any way you want.