PDA

View Full Version : Line That Won't Plot

ronsarlo
2010-06-08, 06:58 PM
Heya,

I'm trying to figure out what I can use to draw guidelines/construction/operator notes that will be visible on the screen but won't plot.

This way, I can put some reminders to myself, some stuff I still need to address with engineers, highlight some items (on the screen only), and put guidelines for things that revit doesn't model easily on-the-fly.

In AutoCAD, I would create myself a non-plot layer in light blue, so it is different from the colors I use and it stands out.

thanks!

Ning Zhou
2010-06-08, 07:22 PM
what about a dedicated workset.

Alfredo Medina
2010-06-08, 07:32 PM
Maybe you could maintain all that non-printing annotation stuff in the Reveal hidden elements mode (light bulb icon). (Right click > Hide elements). These elements will remain available in that mode, only, but they won't print.

greg.mcdowell
2010-06-08, 07:54 PM
Put your drafting lines and text in a dedicated view.

cdatechguy
2010-06-09, 02:43 PM
Revit needs a defpoints layer/setting!

azmz3
2010-06-09, 03:24 PM
for guidelines or highlighting items, I would use reference planes, they show up on your display but dont plot at all. For your reminders or notes, you could make a generic annotation family, with a custom object style, so it shows up in your Visibiluty Graphics display, with the option to turn off. I would think that would be easier, and it is something you could use in all projects, after it is made one-time, you wouldnt have to re-create it. That way, when you are ready to plot, you go into VG, and turn off that one object style, under Generic Annotations.