PDA

View Full Version : Elevation Linework

hparga
2010-06-08, 08:27 PM
Alright, so I've been looking around at several forums for this one and have found some information. I'm trying to get my elevations to have proper line weights (standard graphic standards) but keep running into pesky issues. I've resorted to using the linework feature, but everytime I select a line to change its style it completely disregads any component which may be in front of that other line and it places a continuous line which I can't edit. Has anyone resolved this issue? I'm fixing to toss this thing out the window, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

cdatechguy
2010-06-09, 12:03 AM
When you use the linework tool it should have grips on the ends....you need to move these side to side or up and down for the length you need to show...

If you were in a hurry you can change the line back to "by category" and try again....

I like changing all my lines to the thinnest line that I need then update them from there, as I have had issues going from a thick line to a thin line.

Use the Override by object (right click object) to change the gray tones to show depth...

rjcrowther
2010-06-09, 05:20 AM
I find overide by object is the main tool for this and I use the line work tool to do the final touches.

For the line work tool, the end grips are a must. One technique is to change to the lineweight required and then change to the invisible line. By dragging the grips, you 'uncover' the previously chosen lineweight from the invisible line.

cdatechguy
2010-06-09, 02:38 PM
I also found I have to use the temporary hide sometimes if the linework tool just isn't working right...

Funny, I am working one elevations right now...lol

azmz3
2010-06-09, 03:17 PM
why is the ability to show depth not available in Revit yet? That seems like a must at this point. One thing I have done, is to use shadows on a b/w elevation to help show depth. Using the sun/shadow settings can help to get a light shadow on the parts of the elevation that are farther away from the eye.

hparga
2010-06-09, 06:42 PM
Good stuff... I got it. Thank you for your help! However I do agree that it's about time the Revit guys worked something a little more intuitive. It seems kind of pointless to have Revit develop the elevations for me, if I have to go back in there and trace each line segment individually.