PDA

View Full Version : Wall, Change Wall's Orientation

Jarod
2004-12-13, 04:18 PM
Is there a "multiple" for Change Wall's Orientation? When I swap walls to a different type it all most always gets the material back wards. I than use the Change Wall's Orientation to fix it, one at a time, gets old after a while. Also I noticed that when I use Change Wall's Orientation on a wall that was multiple components it flips from outside edge not how a drew it with "Finish Face; Exterior". Any control on this? this gets old to because I have to move the walls back to where they were originally.

Allen Lacy
2004-12-13, 04:23 PM
When you first place a wall, use the space bar to flip the orientation of a wall. How "Finish Face; Exterior" relates to the exterior depends on whether you're drawing clockwise or counter-clockwise.

Jarod
2004-12-13, 04:36 PM
What you have brought I know about as you draw it. What I'm referring to are after the fact issues. You originally start drawing with Generic 8" and than later swap it to "Exterior; Brick on CMU", this is where I'm having my issues. Walls start jumping around when using Change Wall's Orientation or the materials are back wards when swapping wall types.

Damo
2004-12-13, 04:57 PM
Highlight your wall then click Element Properties.
Under 'Instance Parameter', Constraints Heading, you will see 'Location Line'. Change this to the face that you want to remain in the correct position. eg: If you have dimensioned your wall to exact brick dimensions you would choose 'Finish Face - Exterior' to be the fixed point. If the internal room areas is more important, you would choose 'Finish Face - Interior' to be your fixed point.

Once you have changed the Location Line to suit your requirements, OK out of the dialogue box and then flip the wall's orientation.

Same goes if you want to change the wall type.