PDA

View Full Version : Revit at AU -Anyone signed up for the Revit.......

loretodc1805
2003-09-27, 01:57 PM
Has anyone signed up for the Revit Basics and / or the Revit Construction Documentation class to held at AU?

If so, what is it that you are hoping to learn during the 3.5 hour and 1.5 hour classes?

Let me know, as I am preparing the courseware as I type.

PFL
AU Speaker

David
2003-09-27, 06:37 PM
1. I'd like to hear discussion of best practices for balance between 3-d, and 2-d for construction documents.e.g. integrating dwg as such, or back into revit.

2. families, families, families, and also some discussion on families.
i.e "to over constrain or not to over constrain" or "The secret code of what those error message mean to you" or "Two right dimensions do not equal right dimensioning"

3. Limits of tools, eg join and not, stair limitations--earlier awareness of strategy would save much time.

BomberAIA
2003-09-27, 06:42 PM
How to put together a multifamily project.

loretodc1805
2003-09-29, 12:33 AM
Thanks for the input. I will try to figure out how I can integrate the basic revit topic with somewhat of a quasie pre-advanced revit session.

Multifamily projects...... Just so that I understand correctly, are you sure you are not talking about worksets and sharing your project with multiple users. What particular aspect of a multifamily project would you like to know about? :?:

mlgatzke
2003-09-29, 02:32 AM
Paul,

The only reason that I've signed up for the beginner class is because I don't want to demean(sp?) myself by going into an ADT class or any other app that would be a COMPLETE waste of my time.

IMHO, if I distill even ONE useful piece of information from the class it will have been worth attending.

Steve_Stafford
2003-09-29, 02:42 AM
I agree Mike, that's why I'm there too....

I believe the Multi Family request has to do with a building type that uses common design elements throughout that are great candidates for Groups but the groups feature can be finicky and confusing to use effectively. So I believe the request is looking for a good explanation of how to succeed with groups...sounds like a good topic for a class by itself?? Zoog you listening...there's number two for you next year....?

beegee
2003-09-29, 03:35 AM
Hey Steed,

Make sure you bring Emma with you to AU.

( I get it - Steed Stafford )

Steve_Stafford
2003-09-29, 10:45 AM
She can't go this year...sorry. (named our daughter Emma) We've always enjoyed the show and liked the name. Funny but I hadn't thought of the name game, just thought it was time for an avatar change.