PDA

View Full Version : NEW Revit Forums - Are Here!

jbalding48677
2004-12-13, 07:04 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen -

We are pleased to announce that your collective voices have been heard and there are NEW Revit Forums on the horizon. Your forum managers along with our illustrious AUGI Forum manager (Richard Binning) have been busy working up the new forums that you all have been asking for for the last few months. For your use, enjoyment and general education the following forums will be up and running the first of next week:

Revit FAQ's - A single source location for those pesky Frequently Asked Questions
Tutorials - The place to post and find user created tutorials
R&D Lounge - Just like it says, the place to discuss Research and Development of new ideas for new uses for Revit
Zoogdesign Forum Archive - Consolidation of some of the older archived Zoog forums.

So, check back soon, and get your posts ready for the NEW Revit Forums...

Wes Macaulay
2004-12-13, 07:38 PM
On the weekend Jim - I saw these new forums up for a while... just testing, I guess?

Steve_Stafford
2004-12-13, 07:40 PM
I saw these new forums up for a while... just testing, I guess?yup...a little beta work...no one is supposed to be on the forums during the weekend remember. You all have lives and Revit gives the weekend back to you right? ;)

BillyGrey
2004-12-13, 08:08 PM
Well Done, Mr. Balding.

Thank you, and all that contributed.

Bill

Dimitri Harvalias
2004-12-13, 09:13 PM
I saw them up too. I attributed it to sleep deprivation and general fuzzy headidness.

Looking forward to seeing them up full time. Keep up the good work!

jbalding48677
2004-12-14, 09:52 AM
Well Done, Mr. Balding.

Thank you, and all that contributed.

Bill
Yes, they were up for a few hours, testing...

All the credit goes to Steve Stafford, Chris Zoog and Richard Binning. Remember I am just a "Figurehead" ;)

Steve_Stafford
2004-12-20, 06:15 PM
New forums!

Revit FAQS
Tutorials
R&D Lounge
Zoogdesign Forum Archive

Let’s give credit where it is due. Each of these new forums is the result of suggestions made by our members. Your opinions and ideas continue to shape our forum. (http://<font%20face=/) We thank you all!

Let’s briefly explain how each forum is intended to work: (Each forum will carry its own introductory thread like in the past)

Revit FAQS (http://<b><font%20face=/) – Just in case someone isn’t familiar with FAQS, it means, Frequently Asked Questions. This forum is read-only. Only moderators or administrators can put posts here. We are moving existing threads/posts that are FAQS into this forum. When there are many possible solutions for a FAQ we may create a new thread that summarizes the methods available. It is not a read-only forum to restrict our members. It is read-only because only mods and admins can make the necessary changes to threads and posts anyway. We will add a “Suggest a FAQ” sticky thread here too. So free to use it to yell, holler, or whisper when you think a topic ought to move into FAQS.

Tutorials (http://<b><font%20face=/) – (by popular demand) Use this forum to share documents that teach us how to do stuff. (Naturally for Revit and related software). You’ll find quite a few here already. Starting out, this forum is an open forum, anyone can post. We can switch to a moderated method which requires a moderator to review a post before it becomes visible. We will only do this if you tell us that incomplete or confusing tutorials are posted too often. We look forward to seeing your tutorials.

R&D Lounge – (Borne of frustration some members expressed) We strive to be supportive of ideas (http://ideas/) that move the implementation and success of Revit forward. To stay true to that desire, we are very pleased to provide this forum. Here you can discuss and research your ideas for what we typically call 3rd party applications or services. Please remember that AUGI still has a guideline regarding pure advertising and self-promotion; and we thank you for recognizing the difference.

Zoogdesign Forum Archive – This forum category was Revit General Information. This category and the two sub-forums within have been locked out to new posts and threads for several months. These became redundant forums when ZoogDesign merged with AUGI’s forums. Rather than just delete them we decided to just change how prominent they are and make the title more informative. All the information is still available for browsing and searching.

We hope you like these changes. We thank you for the suggestions and ideas, please keep them coming.

Jim Balding (http://<font%20face=/) – AUGI Revit Community Chair,
Chris Zoog and Steve Stafford – AUGI Revit Community Forum Co-Managers

bclarch
2004-12-20, 10:37 PM
Thanks to the moderators for all of your efforts on maintaining and improving these forums.

Can forums be set up with subheadings? If so, then I would suggest that it would be helpful for the FAQ forum to be grouped by subject. Some suggested subheads: Family Creation, Licensing Issues, Printing Issues, Creating Roofs, Worksets, Rendering and of course the Thinking Man's Game. :wink:

Just some thoughts.

Steve_Stafford
2004-12-21, 09:24 AM
...Thanks to the moderators for all of your efforts...
...Can forums be set up with subheadings?...
Thanks and yes they can, we'll take a look at further organization of the forum as we start to fill it up.

SCShell
2004-12-21, 02:18 PM
Thank you folks! I like the new forums. I do have one question. In the tutorial forum, can we only post free ones or can we post ones that you have to buy? (I know we have policies regarding "advertising" or promoting.)
Thanks
Steve

Steve_Stafford
2004-12-21, 03:22 PM
...In the tutorial forum, can we only post free ones or can we post ones that you have to buy?...
If you are saying that you want to tell others about tutorials you have found that are for sale, yes you can share a link as such.

If you are saying that you wish to tell folks about a tutorial that you are selling or thinking of selling, then R&D Lounge is intended for that discussion.

SCShell
2004-12-22, 02:05 PM
If you are saying that you wish to tell folks about a tutorial that you are selling or thinking of selling, then R&D Lounge is intended for that discussion.Thanks Steve, I'll get right on that one!

Upcoming tutorial: "How to be a Rock Star, at least for one for one night at AU's OrlandoPalooza (if the Road Manager says it's O.K.)"
Happy Holiday Steve and all the Forum Folks!
Steve