PDA

View Full Version : Separate section types/families?

tristram.taylor
2010-06-15, 10:17 AM
Hey guys,
I'm trying to create two seperate types of sections; one for presentation sections (ie show in drawings), and working sections (for model work, and not to show in presentation sheets). Is there a way to do this? Ideally I want to toggle this under the visibility graphics overrides.
Thanks!

patricks
2010-06-15, 12:45 PM
If you mean turn off one section type or the other in your plan and elevation views, then no I do not believe this is possible.

However you do have the option to hide unplaced view references when you print - so any section that is not placed on a sheet will have its section line hidden in all views. Same goes for elevations and callouts.

*edit* see below for a workaround :D

Munkholm
2010-06-15, 12:46 PM
You can do this with V/G by creating a Filter which looks at the different section types... and choose not to have that type vissible.... you´ll have to apply that filter to all the views though :beer:

tristram.taylor
2010-06-15, 02:04 PM
This is awesome - forgot about filters.
Just having a problem setting it up though; how would I actually filter an unreferenced section? Do I need to create a parameter, or is there one already?
But thank you!

eric.piotrowicz
2010-06-15, 02:40 PM
Go into the Filter tab in V/G and click Add then Edit/New which will bring up another dialog box. Pick the catergories you want to filter and then filter by a common parameter. See the attached screenshot for an example.
One small thing that kind makes sense and kinda doesn't is that you need to un check the filter visibility for it to do what you want.

tristram.taylor
2010-06-15, 02:52 PM
Epic!
Thanks guys, much appreciated

dzatto
2010-06-15, 09:24 PM
Just for verification:

Would this be the same procedure I would use to "turn off" some section marks, but not others? I want my building sections to show on my floor plan, but not my structural framing nor my foundation plan sections. And vice versa. Just set up different types of section marks and use filters?

Just making sure that's the correct approach before I spend time doing it.

twiceroadsfool
2010-06-15, 09:28 PM
Yup, the same. Except instead of selecting what you WANT visible, select what you DONT want, then uncheck Visible. Filter by "Family and Type" does NOT equal "Building Section". Then uncheck Vis.

dzatto
2010-06-15, 10:08 PM
Got it. Thanks. :beer: