PDA

View Full Version : AutoCad Elevations in Revit

jcoe
2004-12-13, 08:50 PM
We have run into a conundrum.

We have 2-D flat AutoCAD elevations of a previous school project we did, however, we would like to import them into the Revit elevations for upcoming renovation work. When imported, the elevations become dots on the horizon. I understand why this happened - I'm placing flat 2-D objects that do not contain z coordinates into a 3-D environment - but how do I fix it? Do I need to fix it in AutoCAD first and import again, or is this done in Revit? Could someone please explain the process as well so I might show others in the office how to achieve this?

Thank you in advance.

Dimitri Harvalias
2004-12-13, 08:54 PM
You need to import the ACAD drawing into a Revit Drafting View. Pay special attention the imported scale/units when you do this so the plotted scale reports correctly to the title block of your sheet view.

The drafting view can then be annotated and placed on a sheet view.

jcoe
2004-12-13, 09:03 PM
Thank you for the assist Dimitri.

What if part of the renovation work includes additions? The additions would be done in Revit and the existing data is imported 2-D AutoCAD. Can I place 2-D Cad elevations in a Revit elevation view to show new and existing conditions?

LRaiz
2004-12-13, 09:11 PM
When importing make sure that your desired elevation view is active and set "Current view only" checkbox.

jcoe
2004-12-13, 09:59 PM
Worked like a charm.

You people ROCK!!!. Where else can you find support like this, especially from the "founding fathers."