PDA

View Full Version : Stair Tower and Floors

Jarod
2004-12-13, 09:52 PM
Told the stairs to go up multiple levels to create a stair tower. What is the quickest way to have the stairs cut the floors? I'm currently trying out the new massing tools and having some success, that is how I have created what you see in the picture (floor by face).

Thanks, Jarod

beegee
2004-12-13, 10:17 PM
If the floors and stairs were not all there, you could have placed the floor cutout then copied or arrayed the floors above. I realize you have progressed this from massing, so that probably wasn't viable in this case.

Go to the lowest level, edit the floor to make the stair cutout and finish. Check that you have what you need, now edit the floor again and this time, copy the opening cut to the clipboard. Now open each of the upper floors progressively and edit -paste aligned - select level by name to place the stair opening.

Scott D Davis
2004-12-14, 12:11 AM
Even better:

Create the opening on the lower level, using the Opening Tool, on the Modeling Tab. After creating the Opening, highlight it and Group it. Copy the group to the other floors, using Copy>Paste to selected levels by Name. Now if you need to change the opening on all floors, edit the original in the group on level 1, and they will all update.

sfaust
2004-12-14, 12:14 AM
slick... I like it.

bclarch
2004-12-14, 04:54 PM
Any pluses or minuses to using a void?