PDA

View Full Version : Another bar joist question..

cadmaster77
2010-06-16, 02:14 AM
when in section... the bar joist doesnt show webs.. or the 5-0 top chord extension.. its really kinda generic.. is there a way to show the webs and extension?.. see image please

thanks

cadmaster77
2010-06-16, 02:16 AM
actually.. i figured this one out..

thanks

barrie.sharp
2010-06-16, 09:09 AM
actually.. i figured this one out..

thanks
Care to share? :)

cliff collins
2010-06-16, 12:41 PM
Detail Level set to Coarse?

Please confirm.

cheers

Alfredo Medina
2010-06-18, 11:34 AM
Learning and sharing should be bi-directional in this forum. In my opinion, at least for courtesy, Cadmaster should post here an explanation of the solution he found in this thread, especially if the explanation is being requested kindly by the same users who are responding all his questions so quickly and thoroughly in other threads.

twiceroadsfool
2010-06-18, 01:22 PM
Learning and sharing should be bi-directional in this forum. In my opinion, at least for courtesy, Cadmaster should post here an explanation of the solution he found in this thread, especially if the explanation is being requested kindly by the same users who are responding all his questions so quickly and thoroughly in other threads.

Im going to venture a guess that he just hasnt been back to the thread, since he realized what he had done wrong almost immediately after posting it.

Based on the other thread where he was asking about Bar Joists, im fairly certain hes using the OOTB Bar Joists from the Library. In which case, it is just as Cliff already mentioned in the Thread: The view was set to Coarse Level of Detail.

All of the Structural Content shows very Generic representations at Coarse. The bar Joists in particular go:

Coarse: Single Model Lines for members
Medium: Actual shapes for Chords, single lines for webs
Fine: Actual shapes for all.

No need to jump on the poor guy. :)