PDA

View Full Version : RAC 2010 - Sheet sequence

azmz3
2010-06-16, 03:22 PM
Ok, I dont know how many people have come across this, or how many people have actually taken the time to deal with it. In the titleblock, the sheet sequence, sheet 1 of 100, has anybody figured out how to make that work correctly on the sheet itself. I know these are shared parameters, in the titleblock, and when the shared parameters are loaded into the project, the numbers dont automatically populate, but it will let you fill in the blank. What is the deal with this, and how can we get the number to populate automatically, without having to fill it in? Any help would be appreciated.

cliff collins
2010-06-16, 03:25 PM
check here:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=98976&highlight=sheet+numbering

cheers

azmz3
2010-06-16, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the link. But basically, there is no automated way to have revit calculate the sheet sequence, once the parameters have been created and loaded into the project, there is something manual that has to be done, either on a schedule, or on the sheets themselves.

ADAMS.155100
2010-06-16, 06:07 PM
You may be able to use a parameter on the sheet and use a formula in schedules or in 2011 a reporting parameter might solve this. Interesting thought I'll look into it...

azmz3
2010-06-16, 07:25 PM
This is what I did:

make the total count a shared parameter and place it in the Project info area, as well as in the titbleblock. That way, entering it once fills it out on all sheets. There is no way to increment the number on sheets for that type of instance parameter that you create. Best way is to create it as a shared parameter, and add the numbering as another column to a version of your drawing list. At least there you can just type it in, without having to open up every sheet.

iankids
2010-06-16, 08:45 PM
For the past year or so I have been using Phillip Millars neat litle API which automates the process of sheet numbering and returns a simple "Sheet # of xx Sheets" which is added to your standard titleblock.

You can grab it at http://kiwicodes.co.nz/Downloads.aspx USD$5 for a single licence.

It is written for 2010 but is working fine for me with 2011.

Cheers,

Ian

cliff collins
2010-06-16, 08:47 PM
Nice.

If they can do it for $5, then maybe Adesk can get it working in Revit so we don't
have to install thousands of scripts and plug-ins to make up for lack of built-in functions
such as simple sheet numbering ability........... LOL

cheers

azmz3
2010-06-16, 09:10 PM
if only I knew how to code in the API, I could do it.

iankids
2010-06-16, 09:38 PM
Nice.

If they can do it for $5, then maybe Adesk can get it working in Revit so we don't
have to install thousands of scripts and plug-ins to make up for lack of built-in functions
such as simple sheet numbering ability........... LOL

cheers

Totally agree!!!

I would love the factory to set a small team up whose sole functions are to write small api's which sort out these oversites in the program.

Its the same as trying to get the light and ventilation schedules to be automated.

With the current sheduling restrictions (can't schedule room area in a door and window schedule) one is left with a manual system and also left somewhat frustrated as the program has all the info in there that we need but it is not readily available.

Both of these apps would be used by 100% of users and would take almost no time to create - C'mon Autodesk take up the challenge!

Cheers,

Ian

RevitRonin
2010-06-22, 04:52 PM
---rant warning---

YES - Autodesk PLEASE!

Why are the Extensions and Add-Inns so completely lame and obtuse? Hire the Phils of our world and put their CODE in an.exe file for me to install with a couple of clicks and be done with it. It shouldn't take two years to (maybe) get something like this out to the user community.

We pay over $6,000 a seat and then are expected to learn how to write the program ourselves or go fishing on the Internet for dozens of little add on programs that have to be tested, installed, configured, documented and then updated with each new release? Who has time for this?

Partners are rolling their eyes at us every time we have to explain yet another of these idiotic limitations, and I'm honestly wondering if Autodesk is up to the challenge of fulling the BIM promise as opposed to simply taking their clients for a long expensive ride to Tomorrow-morrow land.

HMmmm... I wonder how ArchiCAD is doing...

Thanks All - AUGI has saved me more times than I can count.

rboyle
2010-07-20, 05:55 PM
This is what I did:

make the total count a shared parameter and place it in the Project info area, as well as in the titbleblock. That way, entering it once fills it out on all sheets. There is no way to increment the number on sheets for that type of instance parameter that you create. Best way is to create it as a shared parameter, and add the numbering as another column to a version of your drawing list. At least there you can just type it in, without having to open up every sheet.

how do you make the total count a shared parameter? and when thats created, you add it to the title sheet family?

nevermind, figured it out...

rboyle
2010-08-05, 05:28 PM
For the past year or so I have been using Phillip Millars neat litle API which automates the process of sheet numbering and returns a simple "Sheet # of xx Sheets" which is added to your standard titleblock.

You can grab it at http://kiwicodes.co.nz/Downloads.aspx USD$5 for a single licence.

It is written for 2010 but is working fine for me with 2011.

Cheers,

Ian

Will this New Zealand plug-in work with the US version?