PDA

View Full Version : Copy/ Paste release key?

mthurnauer
2010-06-16, 05:56 PM
Often when I use copy/paste, I want to just drop the pasted elements right where they initially show up, but I need to pick an insertion point which usually then drops the items in a shifted position from the initial preview. This is not an instance where I can use copy/ paste same place. For example, I have the same drafting view open in two different projects. Is there a keyboard comment that would drop the items where it shows in the preview without having to pick a point?

jontramos
2010-06-16, 06:32 PM
I have wondered this too... the only thing that I have come up with is to cancel the paste, and then use paste aligned instead. But it would be great if there was a "release" as you describe. Anyone have any better ideas?

Alfredo Medina
2010-06-17, 02:37 AM
Often when I use copy/paste, I want to just drop the pasted elements right where they initially show up, but I need to pick an insertion point which usually then drops the items in a shifted position from the initial preview. This is not an instance where I can use copy/ paste same place. For example, I have the same drafting view open in two different projects. Is there a keyboard comment that would drop the items where it shows in the preview without having to pick a point?

This solution works for pasting elements at the same location from one drafting view in one project to another drafting view in another project:

In the source drafting view, select the element(s). Use Ctrl+C to copy to the clipboard. Switch views to go to the other drafting view in another project, and press the F3 key.

But wait... Before you can do that, you need to do this: View > User interface > Keyboard shortcuts. In the search text box, type "current view" to find the "Paste:Aligned to current view" command. Select the command, and hit the F3 key. Click on "+ Assign", OK to finish.