PDA

View Full Version : slab edge scheduling

alberto.malinverno
2010-06-17, 03:42 AM
hi all,
i need to schedule the area of slab edges, for formworks estimate.
But in Slab edge schedule properties the Area field is not available.
I would need to multiply the slab edge Lenght (available) with the width of the slab edge profile. but the last one is not available, so i have to create it... but i couldn't! it seem not possible, when i edit the Profile Slab edge family, to add a new shared parameter.
Any idea?
Thanks a lot

Alfredo Medina
2010-06-17, 05:03 AM
Maybe slab edges is not the best kind of entity for that kind of work. A line based family might be better.

A line based family template contains a line and a dimension that is related to a default Length parameter. You need to create a box representing a formwork panel, with some reference planes, so that you can constrain the thickness, and the height. The length is already constrained by the existing reference planes in the template.

Then you need to create 3 shared, instance, length, parameters, such as PanelThickness, PanelHeight, and PanelLength. (Set this PanelLength = Length). Set this family as a category you can schedule, such as "Specialty equipment". You need to align, lock, etc. and load into project.

In your project, when the Line based Panel family is loading, select "pick lines" and hover over the edges of the slab, hit the Tab key to select all the edges, and you will have all your framework panels going around the slab. You might need to zoom into the corners, and adjust the endings.

Then go to View > Schedules > Schedules/Quantities > Specialty equipment. Click on "Add parameter", browse, one by one, from the shared parameters file, for "PanelLength" and "PanelHeight". Then, click on Calculated value, name it "PanelArea" with this formula: PanelLength * PanelHeight

See illustration.

alberto.malinverno
2010-06-17, 07:27 AM
many thanks for the very clear explanations...

i could not use your suggestion this time, otherwise i would have deleted all my slab edges end replaced them with the line based family. I made a workaround, by creating a project type parameter, the slab edge width.
Everything could be much easier if i could add the PanelThickness, PanelHeight, and PanelLength shared parameter in the profile family of the slab edge... but it seems not possible.

Next time i will use your line based family. much better! no slab edges anymore!

m20roxxers
2010-06-17, 09:34 AM
Concrete beams, they have alot more capabilities and tagging and scheduling functions.

jptrujillol893266
2012-09-26, 04:22 AM
hi there.
i need scheduling void sweep slab edges. please help !!!

revit 2011 - i am modeling slab edges by substraction from my created floor. My method is model in place component - void sweep form - loading my custom profile and cut geometries. I repeat this for each floor segment ( i have 2 types of void sweep slab edges on muy floor) but i cant include this lengths in a scheduling.

anyone can help ??