PDA

View Full Version : analytical model

strozy
2010-06-17, 11:07 AM
I have attached a picture of a slab. Could someone tell me whether it is better to let the analytical model of the slab coincide with that of the beams (e.g. bringing the physical model of the slab edge to the centre of the beam) or can it be left as in the attachment with the analytical model of the slab coincidingwith the outside edge of the beam?

pascal.bogdan
2010-06-17, 11:14 AM
I have attached a picture of a slab. Could someone tell me whether it is better to let the analytical model of the slab coincide with that of the beams (e.g. bringing the physical model of the slab edge to the centre of the beam) or can it be left as in the attachment with the analytical model of the slab coincidingwith the outside edge of the beam?

Is it a steel structure? What design codes do you use? Can you offer more details? Maybe you can attach the model so that I can give you a better point of view.

Thanks

Tomasz.Fudala
2010-06-17, 12:04 PM

Generally the analytical model of a slab should be in the center of a beam. Take a looke at attached images.

strozy
2010-06-17, 05:34 PM
Thanks guys. It is a concrete structure and I suspected it should be i the middle of the beam. Is it possible to manipulate the analytical model to be in the centre of the beam, whilst the physical model remains at the edge of the beam? We tried this earlier but we were having some difficulty.

pascal.bogdan
2010-06-18, 07:32 AM
Thanks guys. It is a concrete structure and I suspected it should be i the middle of the beam. Is it possible to manipulate the analytical model to be in the centre of the beam, whilst the physical model remains at the edge of the beam? We tried this earlier but we were having some difficulty.
You can use offsets to achieve what you want.

Tomasz.Fudala
2010-06-18, 10:09 AM

Yes it is possible.
Before: analytical_model_before.jpg
1) Select slab
2) Click Edit Boundary option.
3) In the Properties dialog box change Analytical Model-> Horizontal Projection from Sketch Line to Auto-detect. See properties_analytical_model.jpg
After: analytical_model_after.jpg