PDA

View Full Version : Wall schedule - Filter

papurajx
2004-12-14, 12:16 AM
Hi Reviteers
I am extracting a 'Wall Schedule' for an apartment project and trying to workout the quantities for wall items such as volume, area etc. There is no option to filter or group the walls using 'Levels'. Is there any other workaround to filter the walls with 'Levels' or using any level specific 'shared parameters'?

Appreciate your early response.

beegee
2004-12-14, 12:33 AM
Because walls can extend over a number of levels, Revit does not provide this field in a wall schedule.

You can add a parameter for Levels and manually insert this and group and sort and total using that field though.

papurajx
2004-12-14, 12:56 AM
Thanks...Beegee

But, if I manually insert a shared parameter (Level) then How do I identify the individual wall istances by this shared parameter? Do I need to tag them with this parameter?

beegee
2004-12-14, 04:35 AM
Thanks...Beegee

But, if I manually insert a shared parameter (Level) then How do I identify the individual wall istances by this shared parameter? Do I need to tag them with this parameter?

Yes.
Use a shared instance parameter for the Levels and create a wall tag that picks up that shared parameter. Then place the tag, enter the level , and schedule, sort using that .

papurajx
2004-12-14, 06:00 AM
Thanks once again ...Beegee. I sincerely appreciate your prompt response all the forum threads. Keep it up !

beegee
2004-12-14, 06:09 AM
No problem.

Just to clarify, as you no doubt realise, when you make a new tag for this, I would use the existing wall type tag and just add another label to it for the shared level parameter, so that you can still sort by wall type within the levels. Or you may prefer a wall instance mark instead of the type tag. Or even combine all three.

shaunv68276
2004-12-14, 09:30 AM
The work around that I have used in the past is to load a wall tag that picks up the mark and not the type mark. then I add a prefix ( G ) for ground floor walls and so on. filter by mark contains G and I've got all my ground floor walls. I grab all walls on the ground floor and add G to mark ( gives duplicate error) ignore the edit the schedule and add numbers after the G

papurajx
2004-12-15, 03:10 AM
No problem.

Just to clarify, as you no doubt realise, when you make a new tag for this, I would use the existing wall type tag and just add another label to it for the shared level parameter, so that you can still sort by wall type within the levels. Or you may prefer a wall instance mark instead of the type tag. Or even combine all three.

That's exactly what I did and It works perfectly. I can select all the walls in the same floor and change the shared parameter (Level) value in one stroke, it updates the 'Wall tag'. Group them /sort them in the schedule using the 'Level' parameter.

Only hitch is that I cannot seem to get the total value for each wall type. It always gives you the grand total for all the walls.

beegee
2004-12-15, 03:15 AM
To get the total value for each type, I would duplicate the schedule ( as often as the wall types ), then filter by type and you will get the grand total by type.