PDA

View Full Version : Text in Family

RevitFairy
2010-06-17, 03:30 PM
Hi,
i m trying to add simply text in a 3D lighting family, does anyone know why the text doesn't show after the family loading into the model?
i also try this w/ different type of 3d family, none of the text shows after loading.
Thank

eric.piotrowicz
2010-06-17, 03:44 PM
Text in a family will not show once placed in the project.

dzatto
2010-06-17, 05:01 PM
Will model text?

eric.piotrowicz
2010-06-17, 06:06 PM
There is only annotative text in families, no model text option available.

edit - there is model in select families, electrical is one. Model text in such a family is visible in the project.

RevitFairy
2010-06-17, 06:10 PM
yes there are model text available. i m using revit 2010

twiceroadsfool
2010-06-17, 06:45 PM
Use a Generic Annotation Family IN your family. Dont put model text in for stuff thats not really part of the physical project.

jsnyder.68308
2010-06-17, 11:07 PM
Or better yet, use tags in the project. Leave annotation out of model families.

twiceroadsfool
2010-06-17, 11:51 PM
Its not always practical to run around tagging things that arent going to have varying Type Marks or values for the tag. Outlets come to mind. Why tag every outlet, when a generic annotation can denote everything about the outlet automatically on placement?

ron.sanpedro
2010-06-17, 11:58 PM
Or better yet, use tags in the project. Leave annotation out of model families.

Good, unless you have something like a white board, where you want it to say "WB" in the corner in every elevation it shows up in. Every last one, all the time, at least in CDs. Would be dandy if I could just have that tag in there, maybe only visible in Medium Detail, and only in elevations, so I don't need to tag it 100 times and fuss with getting the location rightish cause nothing !%@%$ snaps. ;)
I am close to trying to do this with a little DWG of nothing but dumb text, because it is SUCH a huge time waste to tag everything, and it needs to be there.

Gordon

twiceroadsfool
2010-06-18, 01:04 AM
Good, unless you have something like a white board, where you want it to say "WB" in the corner in every elevation it shows up in. Every last one, all the time, at least in CDs. Would be dandy if I could just have that tag in there, maybe only visible in Medium Detail, and only in elevations, so I don't need to tag it 100 times and fuss with getting the location rightish cause nothing !%@%$ snaps. ;)
I am close to trying to do this with a little DWG of nothing but dumb text, because it is SUCH a huge time waste to tag everything, and it needs to be there.

Gordon

Generic Annotation family?

Alfredo Medina
2010-06-18, 01:45 PM

You can use a model text, with two parameters, one will be a text parameter, such as "ID" (just in case you want to change "WB"), and the other one will be a yes/no parameter to control the visibility, such as "See ID". Then, the model text should be set to be visible in Front/Back, Left/Right views, and for medium detail, only. It will also be visible in 3D, but you can turn it off with "See ID".

See attachments.

Alfredo Medina
2010-06-19, 05:13 PM
Generic Annotation family?

A generic annotation family cannot be loaded on the face of the white board model family.

twiceroadsfool
2010-06-19, 05:38 PM
A generic annotation family cannot be loaded on the face of the white board model family.

It can, i just think you have to start the family in RME instead of RAC, which is annoying... :)