PDA

View Full Version : Reset/Remove all licensing info etc?

kappy
2010-06-18, 11:19 AM
I've gotten myself into some trouble, and I'm not really sure what I've done so I'd like to remove Autocad Revit 2011 including everything about licensing etc.

I've tried to remove the program via the control panel, and then removed what I've found about the program in the registry.

My program seems to be stuck in in demo mode.

I gotta go now, but if someone know how to solve it it would be great!

travismv702230
2010-06-18, 02:33 PM
Have you tried a "clean uninstall"?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14633513&linkID=9243099

kappy
2010-06-19, 05:19 PM
It didn't seem to work :( Maybe i'l have to reinstall my windows :(

EDIT: But I'm going to try to transfer a profile from another computer first, I'l give an update in some day.

jeffh
2010-06-20, 01:12 AM
If you have had Revit installed for 30 days then it will go into demo mode. the only solution for that is to purchase a license.. I am not totally sure I understand the queation? If you have a license then it should be fine after a re-install and if not you can talk with the Autodesk business office about resolving the issue.

samov
2010-06-20, 06:15 PM
We used to have the same issue. Not an easy fix, in the old versions if the license went "crazy" you just deleted the license file.

Since 2010 this has changed and you need to edit the registry. Don't know where exactly though.

kappy
2010-06-22, 09:12 AM
I solved it easily by just reinstalling windows then installing Revit again. As I didn't have very much stuff on my installation it went fast and smoother than trying to keep hustlin' with the registry etc haha! Thanks for the help guys! :)

max.johnson
2011-01-14, 01:59 PM
I am having problems re-installing Revit Arch 2011. I can in yesterday and tried to open revit, but the shortcut was dead. I tried to set up new shortcut, but that didn't work. I then went to the control panel and tried to uninstall, but got the message that it was already removed. I checked in program files and it was indeed gone. Now when I try to install, when it gets to the dialog where you choose what to install, everything is greyed out.

Is there anyway to fix this, other than reinstalling windows? I have already cleaned out what I could find in the registry. I am using windows vista 32 bit.

Thanks