PDA

View Full Version : trouble creting floors

jwenzeljr
2010-06-19, 09:33 PM
how do you create different types of floors? say i want to create a floor that is carpeted between level 1 and 2. i assume you go to floors ad selects/ create one from there and then you select the 4 walls on level 2 and then what? what do you have to click in order to make it appear?

iankids
2010-06-19, 09:41 PM
I am not quite sure I understand your question (create a floor that is carpeted between level 1 and 2), but to create a floor on level 1 simply select the floor tool, select the walls and hit ok.

If you want to show some parts of that floor as carpeted and other part as something else. I would model it as it would be built. That is, I would create a floor type called carpet, set the thickness to 20mm (3/4") and set the level to be 20mm above level one. I would do this for tiles in wet areas etc.

Cheers,

Ian

Merlin
2010-06-20, 11:28 AM
I'm also not sure of what you're after. But I'm thinking you're wondering how to set the floor at the level between Level 1 and Level 2?
If so, there's a couple of ways of going about it.
Your go through the same steps of creating the floor type, BUT in your Properties dialogue window under "Constraints" you either:
1. Enter a distance above Level 1 that this new floor (Mezzanine?) will be at.
OR
2. In a Section or Ellevation view, creat a new Level (Mezzanine ?). In doing so a new Plan view will also appear. You then open that view and create your floor.

Is this what you meant?

HTH
John Mc

jwenzeljr
2010-06-20, 08:13 PM
i understand that. but i dont have an ok button anywhere. where is the ok buttom at? there is not one on my screen

Scott D Davis
2010-06-20, 09:22 PM
To draw floors, you enter 'Sketch mode' where you will see magenta colored sketch lines. You must click the "Finish Sketch" green check mark in the Create Floor tab at the top of the Revit window to finish sketch mode and see the floor.

iankids
2010-06-20, 09:24 PM
Sorry, I should have been more accurate in my description. The OK button is in fact a green tick which appears every time one is in sketch mode.

Ian

Merlin
2010-06-21, 01:15 PM
Sorry, I should have been more accurate in my description. The OK button is in fack a green tick which appears every time one is in sketch mode.

Ian

........Yep!