PDA

View Full Version : request for curtainwall function

annikaberdal
2010-06-21, 09:09 AM
I think I have realised that it is not possible to freely create a curtain wall design.

The advantage of a curtain wall type, is that you may repeat it(as often as you like and have to), withing various frame sizes.

I would like to be able to make my own mullion division, weather it is random or by any desired pattern. This is possible, but it is not possible(as far as I, and those who know better than me know) to attach these mullions/grids to a curtain wall, and make that a new, individual curtainwalltype.

It has been suggested that I make a group, but this will not be repeatable within various framesizes.

I hope there is or will be created a solution to this :)

Alfredo Medina
2010-06-21, 12:00 PM
It is possible. But you need to do some preliminary work. You need to create all your custom mullion profiles and types, and include them in your template file. After that, you can create several curtain wall types with these mullions specified as type parameters. Some other things such as type of panel, layout method, spacing, etc. can be specified in advance, as well. A random type of layout will be more difficult, though. The illustration shows all the type parameters that can be specified for a curtain wall type. Once your template is loaded with all this information, in your new projects you should be able to create new curtain wall elements, with different frame sizes, based on these curtain wall types.

jeffh
2010-06-21, 12:10 PM
You can place a curtain wall without any divisions defined in the type properties to get a "blank slate" to work with. Then use the curtain grid tool to place horizontal and vertical grid lines in what ever pattern you like. You can also add and remove segments from a grid line to make a grid line that does not continue all the way across the face.

Once you have curtain grids defined you can then use the mullion tool to assign mullions to each curtain grid.