PDA

View Full Version : Creating floor from mass

Wagurto
2004-12-14, 03:09 AM
I tryied to follow the tutorial on create ing buildimng elements fron massing. Everything looks fine but when i try to create a floor from the mass nothing happen, there is no option available and I cannt pick anything from the model. Any ideas of what I am doing wrong?

Scott D Davis
2004-12-14, 03:26 AM
Did you use the "Create Floor Area Faces" tool to break up the mass into faces by level to assign the floors to?

JamesVan
2004-12-14, 03:36 AM
Perhaps you did not create the required levels in an elevation or section view? Just guessing.

Wagurto
2004-12-14, 03:51 AM
Scott:
That's why I could not create. After I did the mass I could pick walls from faces or roof from faces but not floors. I have created the levels but still I am not ablel to pick anything.
Any suggestions?
thanks

Wagurto
2004-12-14, 03:55 AM
Scott:
How do I create floor area face? I think that is what I am missing.

JamesVan
2004-12-14, 04:12 AM
When you select the mass, you should see the Floor Area Faces button appear in the Options Bar. If not, go into the Properties of the mass element and you should see an Edit bar in the "Dimensions" parameter group.

Wagurto
2004-12-14, 04:31 AM
Thanks James:
I found the button to turn floor areas. But when I choose make floor from face revit could select the floor area but the floor does not appears. When I choose to show shell only the walls appears but not the floors.
thanks

brittany.fortin
2004-12-14, 01:47 PM
If anyone else has had a similar problem with this tutorial, please post it here. If there's a trend, we'll take a closer look at it and make modifications to the tutorial if necessary.

As we all know, if you miss a step or find a creative solution on your own, you've deviated from the tutorial and it's hard to figure out if there's a problem with the actual tutorial or not. I've found that the most reliable diagnostic tool is when more than one person struggles with the same series of steps in a particular tutorial.

Please let us know if any of you have encountered problems with this portion of the Massing tutorial.

Thanks,

~Tech Pubs