PDA

View Full Version : View Templates

mthurnauer
2010-06-21, 03:16 PM
I have a consultant model linked into our project and their grids are showing up on all of our interior elevations on top of our grids. I changes the visibility graphics overrides for the Interior Elevation View template which had been applied to all of the interior elevations, but it does not seem to change the view. Do I have to re-apply the view template? Is there a way to get it to update all of my views?

eric.piotrowicz
2010-06-21, 04:01 PM
Unfortunately the views aren't automatically updated when the VT is changed. You'll have to re-apply the VT to all of the views.

Scott Womack
2010-06-21, 04:05 PM
I have a consultant model linked into our project and their grids are showing up on all of our interior elevations on top of our grids. I change the visibility graphics overrides for the Interior Elevation View template which had been applied to all of the interior elevations, but it does not seem to change the view. Do I have to re-apply the view template?

Effectively, Yes. The view template applied to a view is a one-time thing. It does remember the name of the last view template that was applied to the view though.

Is there a way to get it to update all of my views?

You can in the browser, select a large number of views and use the "Apply Default View" command. For instance if the group of views you select in the browser has a total of ten different view templates applied, the "Apply Default View" command effectively goes through each view selected and reads the parameter, and then goes and gets the appropriate view template, and applies that view template to that view.

eric.piotrowicz
2010-06-21, 04:25 PM
Great info Scott! I always thought the default view template was just standard Revit settings. No more selecting just certain scale sections, then others, then elevations, and on and on.

wmullett
2010-06-21, 05:00 PM
Yes ... Revit blew it when they called this a "Default" view template. It should be named "Assigned"...

Why don't you change this AutoDESK?