PDA

View Full Version : Waterline

Loc
2010-06-21, 06:01 PM
I know Civil 3D is not designed to create waterline profiles but has anyone had any success with this? Creating a waterline profile and still be dynamic please let me know. thanks

Jmurphy
2010-06-21, 08:21 PM
Waterline as in potable water and pipes or waterline as in top water level of a stream/river or such?
The pipe line works the same as any other forced pipe network once you create your custom pipe sizes parts and everything.

Loc
2010-06-22, 04:54 PM
I am referring to a normal pipe waterline ie. 6" DIP, it is very diffcult to place bends for profiles to keep the correct exaggeration did'nt know if any has thoughts on how to best approach it.

pmg456037
2010-06-23, 05:36 PM
I am referring to a normal pipe waterline ie. 6" DIP, it is very diffcult to place bends for profiles to keep the correct exaggeration did'nt know if any has thoughts on how to best approach it.

A guy who use to work at our office, but recently left, messed with this for a very long time. For Civil3D 2010 he came up with a system of creating an alignment, creating a cooridor and having a subassembly that looked like 8 little circles.

Now that he's gone, no one in the office can reproduce it. lol. So I'm sorry I'm not much help.

brian.hailey933139
2010-06-26, 05:10 PM
Create a corridor with two surfaces, one for the top of pipe and one for the bottom of pipe. Create surface profiles for these surfaces. Adjust the profile used to create the corridor and the surfaces update and the surface profiles update. That's one way of attacking it.

tonycarcamo
2010-07-02, 03:33 AM
I typically just create my pipe network on plan. I make it tied to a surface. Then add it to my profile. I then apply my pipe rule sets. Then just simply connect the pipes together at one end. We just did a large subdivision that had about 2 miles of water line. In addition, i just did a gas pipeline profile that was 2 miles also. It took me about 1-2 hr to profile it and label it. I created a pipe label table that would show the min and max cover of my pipe and slopes. Anyways i hope this helps.

Tony
www.tonyscivil3dworld.blogspot.com