PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Curmudgeon CAD... Easy question

wojocad
2010-06-22, 12:34 AM
How do I turn off the little data windows that float around with my cursor? (If it slows me down, I'll turn it off!)

BeKirra
2010-06-22, 01:33 AM
How do I turn off the little data windows that float around with my cursor? (If it slows me down, I'll turn it off!)
I don't think it slows your machine but personally I don't like them.
To turn them off:
In Command Line type in:
dsettings
It shows the Drafting Settings Dialog.
Under Dynamic Input Tab:
Untick the following
1) Enable Pointer Input
2) Enable Dimension Input where possible
3) Show Command Prompt and Command Input Near the Crosshairs

This does the trick.

jpaulsen
2010-06-22, 01:44 PM
Dynamic Input can be a very nice feature in certain situations. I look at this feature like ORTHO. I turn it on when I need it and turn it off when I don't. Too many times new features are ignored because they get turned off and forgotten.

rkmcswain
2010-06-22, 02:03 PM

Set DYNMODE to 0.

dbrownson
2010-06-22, 05:18 PM
I turn off my command line and just use the dynamic input. Saves screen space.

Mamma Jamma
2010-06-22, 05:36 PM
I turn off my command line and just use the dynamic input. Saves screen space.

Nope, I just tried using dynamic input (again). Give me the command line any day. I like to see the prompts and where I've been. I don't always look at it, but I like it being there when I need it and sitting there quietly unobtrusive when I don't. I hate stuff popping up all in my face when I don't need it.

dbrownson
2010-06-22, 05:41 PM
It took me some getting used to, but I like it now. I just use "F2" when i need the command line.

dgorsman
2010-06-22, 08:34 PM
It took me some getting used to, but I like it now. I just use "F2" when i need the command line.

I only keep one or two lines in the command line, and have F2 linked to the thumb button on the mouse under its AutoCAD settings. Its there at a squeeze and another puts it away.

BeKirra
2010-06-22, 10:27 PM
Set DYNMODE to 0.
This is nice to know. Thanks. ;)

BeKirra
2010-06-22, 10:31 PM
I like to see the prompts and where I've been. I don't always look at it, but I like it being there when I need it and sitting there quietly unobtrusive when I don't. I hate stuff popping up all in my face when I don't need it.
Exactly. 120% agree with you. :Puffy:

rkmcswain
2010-06-23, 12:31 PM
I don't think it slows your machine....

I've noticed not so much on newer machines, but on older, slower machines, it does pause a second or so, especially the first time, when starting to draw...