PDA

View Full Version : Revit Arch + Revit Struct Process

Grumple
2010-06-22, 09:27 AM
Hi all,

Can someone point me in the direction of a website/blog/tutorial for the process of using Revit Architecture alongside Revit Structure please?

I'm playing with both programs and linking an Arch model into RS, using copy/monitor (although it doesn't like most things I try), and I'm now getting a tad confused about what the RA user would do at this point and how the process would evolve - especially when MEP gets involved...

Doesn't seem to be much about RS out there.

Any help would be much apreciated.

Grumple
2010-06-23, 08:17 AM
Anyone using the programs together?

Grumple
2010-06-28, 09:00 AM
Awesome...

BIM truly is taking off eh?

fernando
2010-06-28, 10:15 AM
Large weekend.

There are some post´s around about that issue, also there are some consultant´s with large experience in it.

Try to contact your near Autodesk reseller, or the Autodesk site where you can find some case study´s about it.

tropitech
2010-06-28, 04:43 PM
google is your friend, there are plenty of great blogs out there

Richard - CSG
2010-06-28, 08:21 PM
We are on RS but also have a single RA license. For the few projects we need both we simply use one and then close the file and open the same file with the other.

For the one architect in our area that uses RA, we link his preliminary model in and Copy/Monitor and create our structural model.

We send him this model - he then links it in and generate a list of problem areas. We address those (or he does) and sends us an update model to link.

There is no one in our area on RMEP yet, but it would seem logical that the Architect would coordinate the RS and RMEP file with his architectural and send an updated model to both disciplines with notes on conflicts.

cliff collins
2010-06-28, 08:23 PM
Better yet, bring all the models into Navisworks and use Clash Detective.

cheers