PDA

View Full Version : Millwork-countertop method

cadmaster77
2010-06-22, 12:44 PM
I am trying to make a flat countertop in the straight and curved shape as shown.. some posts on here mentioned using the FLOOR method.. is that correct? or is there a different method i should attempt? (revit 2011)

i did find some countertops on seek and revitcity.. but none formed like this.. they were mostly linear

thanks for the help

cliff collins
2010-06-22, 12:52 PM
Using the Casework Family Template, make a new Casework Family, and create an extrusion in the shape/footprint you need, give it a elevation above the level, and a proper thickness, say 1.5 inches, give it a Material Parameter, then load into your project.

cheers

Munkholm
2010-06-22, 01:10 PM
Just like Cliff said, but add a few instance parameters for the shape, and a masking region... then it will turn out something like this :beer:

cadmaster77
2010-06-22, 04:18 PM
Ok.. i finally got it.. gonna add a wall below next..

I noticed on a couple of posts yall have responded with DRAW A 3-D LINE, "EXTRUSION".. in cad thats fine.. but revit its a different beast.. since u 2 posted the response this morning i have had to figure out how to do an extrusion in revit.. took me awhile but now i got extrusion...

Unless im missing it, is there an EXTRUDE function in a project, like i seen it in the casework family template? would it be the IN PLACE MASS?

im assuming the reason to do this as a family is so its editable in the project..?

thanks
tony

cliff collins
2010-06-22, 04:42 PM
That would be an in-place family........

cheers