PDA

View Full Version : is it possible to make a basic electrical diagram using revit arcitecture?

jwenzeljr
2010-06-23, 06:47 PM
is it possible to make a basic electrical or diagram using revit arcitecture? if so how? or do you need to use revit MEP?

patricks
2010-06-23, 07:12 PM
I have done it on a design-build project back several years ago. I think I just used switch and outlet families to show the switches and outlets, and drew drafting lines in an electrical floor plan showing what's connected to each switch and how many outlets are on each circuit. It was very simple, and of course didn't so any sort of panel schedules or anything like that.

Paul Monsef
2010-06-23, 09:20 PM
is it possible to make a basic electrical or diagram using revit arcitecture? if so how? or do you need to use revit MEP?
Sure, there are basic electrical symbols floating around and I remember seeing an electrical legend at one point - i'll see if I can find it.

...you can draw anything with symbols and lines.

jwenzeljr
2010-06-24, 01:52 AM
ok but how do you bet those symbols in there without anything else except the walls? do you use your ceiling plan at all? (how do you know what symbols mean what??

Merlin
2010-06-24, 04:04 AM
...but how do you bet those symbols in there without ...

You can load 3D components that are electrical (some have simple line symbols that are read in plan). You can also just make a a 2D line family to represent the item.

...without anything else except the walls?...

I don't understand your query

do you use your ceiling plan at all?...

You can use whatever you want...up to you as to which plan you want it seen on

...how do you know what symbols mean what?...

Again...it's up to you and whatever drafting standard your drawing to.