PDA

View Full Version : acad 2k & land desktop sessions

pdc10
2004-12-14, 03:17 PM
is there a setting to allow a user to run plain vanilla acad and land desktop on the same machine at the same time?

Maverick91
2004-12-14, 09:05 PM
I run LDT 2004 and Map 2004 simultaneously. No setting needed that I know of.

Ms. Serene
2004-12-16, 06:57 PM
if you find it let me know I can not start AutoCAD 2k when LDT or vice versa.

I have a question maybe you know the answer to. I have drawings that if I open them in LDT I get an error message ”Architectural desktop has detected objects from future version of AutoCAD. ADT commands have been unloaded. To work on this drawing ,use save as R14 from the original application” but when I open them in AutoCAD 2k I do not get the error message. any ideas?

Glenn Pope
2004-12-16, 10:21 PM
if you find it let me know I can not start AutoCAD 2k when LDT or vice versa.

I have a question maybe you know the answer to. I have drawings that if I open them in LDT I get an error message ”Architectural desktop has detected objects from future version of AutoCAD. ADT commands have been unloaded. To work on this drawing ,use save as R14 from the original application” but when I open them in AutoCAD 2k I do not get the error message. any ideas?Here is a TD about this issue.
Error: Architectural Desktop has detected objects from a future version in this drawing (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2861952&linkID=2475507)

Doesn't really say much except to not worry about it.

Ms. Serene
2004-12-20, 02:19 PM
I am just trying to track down this message, all of these drawing started in 2000i we don't even have a copy of 14 anywhere as far as I know.

mjfarrell
2004-12-20, 03:00 PM
Yes the Land Enabled MAP icon is basically just AutoCAD with
the MAP functions loaded. One can setup a desktop icon that
will load ONLY the ACAD menus when AutoCAD is launched from
that icon.

No error in 2k because it is a newer version than the older one,
so it knows what do do with those objects.