PDA

View Full Version : sofiting

jwenzeljr
2010-06-23, 10:05 PM
when putting sofiting on a potch you place sofiting from the edge to teh wall. i did this now how in the world do you cover the ends? the end part is the open triangle on the end between the roof, soffit, and roof.

dzatto
2010-06-23, 10:09 PM
check out this thread. http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=54254&highlight=gable+ends
Is this what you are talking about?

I didn't do it this way (didn't have time to figure it out).

I created extrusions for each one, and joined it to the soffit. It worked okay. I bet the way in the post works better, though.

jwenzeljr
2010-06-24, 01:50 PM
ok here is what im talking about..... u can see under the porch

patricks
2010-06-24, 01:51 PM
You need a piece of wall there. Use a wall type with siding or something on it, whatever material you want to close off the end.

Or make the porch a hip end so you don't have a gable at the end.

dzatto
2010-06-24, 01:54 PM
Yeah, that's what the thread I posted talks about. You need a "dog ear" at the end.

patricks
2010-06-24, 02:04 PM
Yeah, that's what the thread I posted talks about. You need a "dog ear" at the end.

You're talking about what I refer to as a "pork chop eave" condition. I wouldn't do that for that entire end of the porch. A small one down at the end maybe, but the rest of that opening needs to be filled with siding on framing, or something similar.

Ning Zhou
2010-06-25, 02:02 PM
what about creating dedicated pork chop family w/ all necessary parameters?

dzatto
2010-06-25, 02:13 PM
You're talking about what I refer to as a "pork chop eave" condition. I wouldn't do that for that entire end of the porch. A small one down at the end maybe, but the rest of that opening needs to be filled with siding on framing, or something similar.

Yeah, I see your point. I stumbled across that thead and it looked workable.

what about creating dedicated pork chop family w/ all necessary parameters?

I'm liking the pork chop family idea. I'll need to look into that further for my buildings!

Anyone hungry?? lol

patricks
2010-06-25, 02:44 PM
You can use mine. I place it using the roof edge face as the host, then place some fascia trim up the rake of the roof, and join the two together.

dzatto
2010-06-25, 02:46 PM
You can use mine. I place it using the roof edge face as the host, then place some fascia trim up the rake of the roof, and join the two together.
Thanks for that. I'll definately check it ou and probably steal it from ya! lol