PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Import DWG files

David Sammons
2004-12-14, 04:44 PM
I know it is possible to remove a LINKED DWG file but is it possible to remove an IMPORTED DWG file from a Revit model?

aaronrumple
2004-12-14, 05:16 PM
You have to delete it from the view (..or views). Then it will be gone.

hand471037
2004-12-14, 06:08 PM
... which is why I always link them, for then they are easy to remove/change later. If they aren't linked, and are view-specific, then you have to hunt down the view they are within, find the DWG, and then delete it when you want to remove it... I think it's much easier to just link them, for then I can just remove them with the Mangage Links window.

papurajx
2004-12-15, 02:57 AM
You have to delete it from the view (..or views). Then it will be gone.

In one of my project, I unload all the DWG files and deleted all the attached DWG files in all the views, but still there are couple of DWG files listed in the View Visibility Window under the DWG/DGN tab.

Any solution to remove it?

Chad Smith
2004-12-15, 04:53 AM
... which is why I always link them, for then they are easy to remove/change later.
I link all my DWG files too. But I never remove them when I'm done, I just 'Unload' them. That way I can quite easily reload them back into the project when needed, and the best part is the location and rotation is already set. ;)

Scott D Davis
2004-12-15, 05:03 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if the linked/imported DWG files would show up in the Project Browser? (they are part of the project....)

Then you could browse to the DWG you want removed, right-click, select all instances, Delete!

Dimitri Harvalias
2004-12-15, 05:38 PM
Scott,

YES, YES, YES! That is a really simple solution. Once a project gets a fair way along, the number of views and locations where a DWG might be placed are way too numerous to have to check through.
The only enhancement I might want to suggest is that when you right click on the DWG in the browser a "Find Referencing Views" option might be available so you know where you are deleting it from.

bclarch
2004-12-15, 05:56 PM
OK Scott,
Start a wishlist thread with a poll.

Scott D Davis
2004-12-15, 06:33 PM
Wishlist item posted! Rock the Vote!

Batman
2004-12-15, 06:46 PM
Linking the dwg's would be a better way.

But....for those that have already infected their drawings with imported dwg's is there anyway to delete the 'layers' from the visibility dialog after the dwg has been deleted. Some 'layers' don't go even after a purge.

??

sbrown
2004-12-15, 06:52 PM
Yes, just go to the object styles>imported...> highlight the layer and pick delete.

Batman
2004-12-15, 06:55 PM
Yes, just go to the object styles>imported...> highlight the layer and pick delete.
Where??

Kidding.....should have seen that one....thanks