PDA

View Full Version : Select All Objects In Array?

r.grandmaison
2010-06-28, 01:01 PM
It would seem to me that there should be a "Select All Objects in Array" method. Anyone know a good way to do this?

Ideally, I'd love to be able to pick ONE object in an array and then have the ability to choose "Select All Instances Within Array"....similar to "Select All Instances In View".

Anyone?

greg.mcdowell
2010-06-28, 04:17 PM
If the array is still adjustable, meaning you opted to keep the items grouped, then Revit should have given the group a unique name and you should be able to select all instances to grab the items in the array.

r.grandmaison
2010-06-28, 06:27 PM
If the array is still adjustable, meaning you opted to keep the items grouped, then Revit should have given the group a unique name and you should be able to select all instances to grab the items in the array.

Yes, my array is still grouped- so how do i select ALL the items in the array? I don't see a "selection set" kind of field to drop the name of the group in. I can select the array function itself change the array pattern/count, but i dont' see away of selecting the actual objects within the array without selecting each one individually. Can you provide steps for me?

chris.needham
2010-06-29, 09:13 AM
Select one of the arrayed objects, then "Select All Instances In View". Revit creates a new group with a unique name when you create an array, so you can use the "Select All Instances In View".

twiceroadsfool
2010-06-29, 05:55 PM
You hit edit group, and select all of the items in ONE group. They are grouped, so when you finish Group its going to propogate those changes to the other instances of Array Group.

r.grandmaison
2010-06-29, 11:34 PM
You hit edit group, and select all of the items in ONE group. They are grouped, so when you finish Group its going to propogate those changes to the other instances of Array Group.

Doh! Thank you very much.