PDA

View Full Version : What happens if I blow away undesired line styles?

mthurnauer
2010-06-29, 07:05 PM
I have a bunch of line styles that have come into a project from Details we were given by a consultant. I want to purge out all of these extra line styles. I noticed that if I just blow the line style away then it will revert back to Thin Lines. Is there a way to automatically clean up these undesired line styles?

iru69
2010-06-30, 02:17 AM
It's maybe a little fuzzy as to what exactly you're asking... or maybe you answered your own question.

Unfortunately you cannot "purge" line styles or even delete multiple ones at a time... (same with materials). You have to delete them one at a time. No one knows why.

Maybe you can open up the details in AutoCAD and purge stuff there before importing/linking into Revit?

simong
2010-06-30, 06:05 AM
Best practice is to purge or doctor the original file from the consultant before importing into your nice, clean Revit file. If possible, link the details in, that way the linetypes and patterns don't actually migrate to your project.

Another workaround is to modify the linetype settings of the link/import in Object Styles under the Imported Categories tab. This gets all of the imported lines looking the way you want them too, if that is what you're after.

wmullett
2010-06-30, 12:55 PM
If you don't want all the lines to be thin, you will have to open each view and convert tem one linetype at a time.

This is why we always say "Clean it up in a junk project before importing."

mthurnauer
2010-06-30, 01:16 PM
I guess I was wondering if there was a way to use the project standards utility or some other method that would allow me to pick all line type x in a project and change it over to line type y so that I could delete line type x.