PDA

View Full Version : Unhide by name?

rtaube
2010-06-30, 01:23 PM
Is it possible to Unhide an element by name? In a method similar to 3dsmax? I have a view with many elements turned off, and I'm trying to turn on one that is buried behind many others, and tabbing through them doesn't seem to select the one I want.

Cheers,
Ryan

rtaube
2010-06-30, 02:02 PM
the only workaround that I've found so far is to open the view that I want, toggle Reveal Hidden Elements, go to another view that has my element turned on and select it, return to original view and select Unhide, and then untoggle Reveal Hidden Elements.

this might be the way to go, just wondering if there is an easier way.

cheers,
ryan

Alfredo Medina
2010-06-30, 02:12 PM
In Revit, there is no name for elements, but there is an ID number. You need to know in advance the ID number of the element, and store it in the clipboard, or write it down, in order to be able to select it later by its ID number. To find out an ID, select an element, go to Manage > IDs of selection. Later, if the element was hidden among many others, in the Reveal hidden elements mode (light bulb icon) you can find and reveal the element by doing Manage > Select by ID > paste or type in the ID number > OK > Unhide element > Close.