PDA

View Full Version : new Area Types?

sami
2010-06-30, 07:42 PM
How do I crate new "Area Types"?
I can create a new "Area Scheme" from the "Area and Volume Computations". And then if I select an area I can change the number, name, & comments, but I can’t change the “Area Type” I’m stuck with the default ones (Floor Area, Building Common Area, Office Area, Major Vertical Penetration, etc..)

DaveP
2010-06-30, 08:16 PM
Those Types are based on the BOMA standards.
Each of the Types has rules based on adjacent Areas that define where the boundary line goes. For example, if two Offices are next to each other, the boundary goes down the middle of the wall. Between an office and a corridor, the boundary goes to the corridor side of the wall.

So the short answer is: No, you can't add new Types

sami
2010-06-30, 09:18 PM
Ok so I guess I have some more questions then:

1- These Area Types are built into this particular Area Scheme, but I am creating a new area scheme (calculating area of high-rise residential development based on municipal standards) so it would make sense if I was able to change the area types of these.

2- Can I add other identity data which I can use to schedule my areas? (other than number, name & comments)

3- Are these rules hard coded into Revit, can I set my own rules (ie boundary line between residential unit & corridor is on the corridor side..)

So really the main question is what is the best workflow to generate area plans that are not for office buildings?