PDA

View Full Version : Can't Reload - A ghost has ownership of my file!!

shane.249457
2010-07-01, 06:16 PM
I have tried to edit a file that I created yesterday, and noone else has touched. I make changes and i get this message

"Can't edit the element until 'Steven Campbell' resaves the element to central and relinquishes it and you Reload Latest."

1. The file is new, I created it, noone else has been in it."
2. We have NOONE named Steven Campbell" in the office
3. I have saved the file to my desktop and a new central file, and STILL Steven Campbell" owns my stuff..

WTF!

eric.piotrowicz
2010-07-01, 06:39 PM
Saving the file to your desktop is creating a local copy of the central file. You'll need to open the central file and check the box Detach from Central then you'll have to save that over the central file. This will make a fresh central file. Also there must be a user somewhere who has the Steven Campbell username and they did indeed access the project, it sounds like they probably went in and looked around a bunch and then closed without saving or relinquishing.

shane.249457
2010-07-01, 06:41 PM
ok, i figured out 2 things.

1. i was able to get it back by changing my name to Stephen Campbell and STC
2. Stephen Campbell is a person on Augi,, no ghost.. Steveo.. what are you doing in my file! :-) I think we might have a glitch with 2011 here, Stephen Campbell, do you work at Autodesk?

shane.249457
2010-07-01, 06:43 PM
Saving the file to your desktop is creating a local copy of the central file. You'll need to open the central file and check the box Detach from Central then you'll have to save that over the central file. This will make a fresh central file. Also there must be a user somewhere who has the Steven Campbell username and they did indeed access the project, it sounds like they probably went in and looked around a bunch and then closed without saving or relinquishing.

thanks, i was using the "make this a central file after save"

Stephen Campbell as i mention i discovered is someone on this forum, i think someone from autodesk

I think this could be a glitch (if infact Steve is a software developer at Autodesk)

eric.piotrowicz
2010-07-01, 06:56 PM
Are you using one of the sample projects that comes with Revit? If so it might be possible that somehow an AutoDESK developer still have elements of the project locked, very odd but possible. I would certainly hope that nobody from the forums was able to (accidently or on purpose) get into your servers just to play a practical joke on you.

shane.249457
2010-07-01, 07:10 PM
nope.. the file was created from scatch!

cliff collins
2010-07-01, 07:35 PM
Was the template file from which your project was created ever sent to Adesk
for a support request and returned to your office?

Did you ever use a Beta version and then upgrade the job to the "official" release?

just trying to figure out how there are Adesk fingerprints in your file.... LOL

cheers

DaveP
2010-07-02, 01:17 PM
What exactly do you mean when you say:
" The file is new, I created it, noone else has been in it."?
What Template did you create it from and how did you enable Worksets?
If you created it by selecting "New" and using a Template, it would not have had Worksets enabled, and therefore Steve couldn't have owned anything.
If it already had Worksets enabled, you must have copied it from another .rvt file. Then we need to figure out where that one came from.

Oh, and Autodesk is closed this week, so we probably won't hear from Steve until after the 4th of July.

http://forums.augi.com/avatars/avatar63017_5.gif (http://forums.augi.com/member.php?u=63017)