PDA

View Full Version : turn off category globally

Bryan Thatcher
2010-07-02, 01:30 PM
Is there a way to globally turn off a category? For instance, I want to turn the sections of in every view/sheet without opening them and going through the VG dialog or applying a View Template. Thanks.

eric.piotrowicz
2010-07-02, 01:46 PM
I haven't had my coffee yet this morning so the gears are still a little clunky but I guess you could pick one section and do a Select All Instances and then Hide Category. And just for the heck of it a just tried that method real quick and it only applies to one view at a time.
Why do you want to hide all of your section markers in every view?

twiceroadsfool
2010-07-02, 02:01 PM
You need a view template to do it. Id make a VT that does nothing BUT that. Using either a Filter, or the VG:annot tab. Filter would be better for making sure you dont affect anything else.

Why are you against using a VT?

Dimitri Harvalias
2010-07-02, 04:56 PM
every view/sheet without opening them and going through the VG dialog or applying a View Template.
View templates are the way to go.You don't need to do it one at a time or even open the views. You can apply a template to multiple views very quickly by selecting them all in the project browser, right click and Apply View Template.

twiceroadsfool
2010-07-02, 05:43 PM
Yep. You just have to select them in the VIEW portion of the browser, you cant do multiple views down in the SHEETS area (which is rediculous...).