PDA

View Full Version : Floor Schedule Filtered for Finishes

mmiles
2010-07-02, 08:18 PM
Hi all,

I am hoping to create 2 floor schedules so that I can filter out Finish Floors from the structural ones. I want to be able to account for the area of different finishes, and I also want one to show me how much space is being built structural (area take-off). so far, I have named my Finish floors with the prefix FIN. I was hoping to filter that in my schedule, but I do not see how to do that within the schedule properties. When I select the "filter" tab, neither Family, nor Family and Type is an option for filtering. There must be a way to do this, but I cannot figure it out. Can someone tell me what I am missing?

Thanks.

Alfredo Medina
2010-07-02, 08:51 PM
Filtering by Type is not possible. Use something else, such as "Type Comments" and put that "FIN" note in the Type Comments of your finish floor elements.

You need two schedules. In the first one, you are going to show only the finish floor elements, and their areas. The Area column has to be set to "calculate totals" in the formatting tab. Filter this first schedule by "Type Comments" "equals" "FIN"

Then, create a second schedule duplicating the first one, for the structural floors. In this one, do the opposite: filter by "Type Comments" "does not equal" "FIN"

mmiles
2010-07-02, 09:09 PM
Thanks, that did the trick - mostly. I have a few floor types that are being used inside and outside, so I think I need to create more types. In the meantime I scheduled also comments, and added the same FIN note to those. so I have at the moment 3 filtered categories all saying essentially the same thing.

Thanks again.