PDA

View Full Version : Cad files not displaying correctly

Kenny Gee
2010-07-05, 06:48 AM
I'm trying to link a cad file but I'm getting an error '....dwg has extents greater than 1e9 in Autocad units. Data exceeding that range will be truncated. Click or to continue bla bla bla'

Now, Ive cut'n'paste the area I need in a new file and audited and purged. Culled it back completely, but I'm still getting the same error.

Am I missing something???? I'm imported/linked a heap of cad before without any issues...I don't understand...Help

PaulB
2010-07-05, 06:59 AM
Have you moved the origin to be closer to the centre of your drawing in AutoCAD. Although you may have culled a lot of the drawing your origin could still be miles away from your drawing - if that is indeed the problem.

Kenny Gee
2010-07-05, 07:03 AM
Yes, just as I got your response I 'zoomed all' and found the drawing was a distance away from the origin.....I did move everything back to 0,0,0 earlier but for some reason it was still miles away.

iankids
2010-07-05, 07:57 PM
I had a cad file once which had an errant little dot miles away from the main part of the dwg. I only discovered it by zoom all and then zooming out again a few times. Using a crossing window, selected everything. The main part of the dwg was in one spot and way, way off in the distance was a single item. Zoom in - delete it and everything was fine.

Ian

tory.puglisi
2010-07-06, 01:53 AM
If you don't already do so, you should purge everything in the Autocad file too, just to be sure.