PDA

View Full Version : Revit 2011 Render Background Image does not show

01chang
2010-07-05, 09:24 AM
I have a project and going to render for some 3D images. However, everytime I use background image, for example picture for the sky, it can not show in the backgroudn after rendering. It is all black. But if I do not use the customize image, everything is ok. The background image and the project are in the same folder. Any idea? Thanks for all your help!

Elmo
2010-07-05, 12:21 PM
You can't use a custom background like you could in 2008 anymore. You need to export the image to a .png file format and reimport it to a sheet. Import the custom background you want as an image and then you should be able to place the building image over the custom background.

muttlieb
2010-07-05, 04:49 PM
You can't use a custom background like you could in 2008 anymore.

Revit 2011 added the ability to use custom image as background for renderings.

01chang
2010-07-06, 12:10 AM
Thanks for the reply. I think you can use 2011 to add the customer image for the background. However, for this project, I don't know which parameter I changed or what did I do. All the background images come with black. Any idea to fix this? Thanks!

01chang
2010-07-06, 08:37 AM
I think I find the solution. Just delete all 3D view that I create and recreate all of them. It should solve this problem. I don't know why, but it did work. Thanks for all your help!

carlos.ostrej
2010-08-13, 02:13 PM
Revit 2011 added the ability to use custom image as background for renderings.

When I set up a BG image I dont see it in the render window. Is it possible to see it to match the model to the BG image?

muttlieb
2010-08-13, 02:47 PM
When I set up a BG image I dont see it in the render window. Is it possible to see it to match the model to the BG image?

No, it has to be done trial and error. If you need a precise match it would be easier to add the image post-render.