PDA

View Full Version : How to make a dormer

CAD Student
2010-07-06, 11:27 PM
I have to make kind of a dormer, its not really a dormer but a similar concept. My teacher prints off these hand outs... I think they come from a book, but im not sure what book. It says I can "see video V5-C for more on the topic" But i dont know where video V5-C is?

Ok, so the dormer has 3 walls that attatch into the roof as you might imagine.

It says draw walls 4' high and make the 2 walls that join into the roof extend far enough back into the roof to avoid any holes; then thats where it says "see video V5-C for more on the topic"

My problem is that i cant get the walls to "blend" to the roof for lack of a better term... Actually its not really a dormer... I am drawing a 3 story by 140 foot wide by 60 foot deep office building with a 3 story by 32 foot wide glass atrium thats stepped 16 foot out from the center of the building as the "main entrance" on the top of the atrium is a 4 foot wall that runs into the roof of the 3 story building see the attatched picture

CAD Student
2010-07-06, 11:42 PM
Lol... after trying and trying and searching the net for answers I just figured it out on my own while waiting for a reply... I even went through the trouble of signing up on AUGI to post this reply... Although I was going to do it eventually anyway... I was just waiting to have time...So here it is...

Click the wall
Click attach
Then 2 options become available on the options bar... I did not see this before...
It is on attach "top" by default
Click "bottom"
Then click the roof
Done