PDA

View Full Version : RPC's Disappearing

ben.127633
2010-07-07, 02:37 AM
Hi All,
I have an issue with my RPC's disappearing when I load them into my projects. I create the RPC using RPC Creator and all looks good in the Family Editor, BUT, when I am loading it into a project the outline or framework of the RPC doesn't show up. When I run a render the RPC is there but in the normal project views there is nothing there. If I highlight the area I can select it but its rather difficult once there is more than one RPC.

Im the only Revit user in the office so any help would be much appreciated.

Ben

Oh im using Revit 2010

SkiSouth
2010-07-08, 12:44 AM
It sounds like you might be using an older RPC entourage model and are trying to update it to 2010 RPC. At some point (not sure when) the RPC's changed as did the rpc interface with Revit. Try starting with a 2010 entourage holder. When you update the referenced rpc file in the family editor (whether a person or tree), the outline image for the newly referenced rpc should appear as the entourage outline. If not, its not going to work when rendered in 2010. Welcome to AUGI. Congrats on using Revit. Ask your questions, someone here has probably faced it already, or will be willing to help work through it with you.

ben.127633
2010-07-08, 06:53 AM
It sounds like you might be using an older RPC entourage model and are trying to update it to 2010 RPC. At some point (not sure when) the RPC's changed as did the rpc interface with Revit. Try starting with a 2010 entourage holder. When you update the referenced rpc file in the family editor (whether a person or tree), the outline image for the newly referenced rpc should appear as the entourage outline. If not, its not going to work when rendered in 2010. Welcome to AUGI. Congrats on using Revit. Ask your questions, someone here has probably faced it already, or will be willing to help work through it with you.

Hi Skisouth,
Thanks for the reply (and the welcome). Ive actually allways had this problem since ive been using Revit(since 2009 came out), I have just dodged my way around it for a few years. The RPC's I am using are brand new ones that I have created in 2010 from the 2010 RPC template. We have not been using Revit for long enough to have old ones to use. The standard trees that come with Revit are nice but they dont actually exist here in Australia.