PDA

View Full Version : ASD2011 to ACAD 2010/2011

krlee_399
2010-07-07, 09:38 AM
Hi All,

I've got a problem, hope someone can help

I orginally created a pipe bridge in Revit 2011, but the client wants the Acad file. Having exported it to ASD2011 I know have the problem that when I open it in Acad 3D the steel members have no definition ie they are just extruded squares/rectangles.

Is there I way I can convert from Revit or ASD to Acad3d and not lose the shape of the steel members?

Thanks in advance

mj_lampad@yahoo.com
2010-07-08, 02:53 AM
how did you export it? did you used revit extensions?

Dariusz.Kwolek
2010-07-08, 01:21 PM
Hi All,

I've got a problem, hope someone can help

I orginally created a pipe bridge in Revit 2011, but the client wants the Acad file. Having exported it to ASD2011 I know have the problem that when I open it in Acad 3D the steel members have no definition ie they are just extruded squares/rectangles.

Is there I way I can convert from Revit or ASD to Acad3d and not lose the shape of the steel members?

Thanks in advance

Hi

There are two solutions:

1. Export model to ASD and save it as solid objects
2. Export model to ASD and then Install ASD Object Enabler on customer computer.
This solution allows opening any ASD project on Vanilla AutoCAD.

krlee_399
2010-07-09, 03:48 PM
Hi All,

I managed export straight from Revit to cad (EXPORT-DWG), its not the ideal conversion but gets the model over, obviously the elements are not intelligent anymore but for modelling purposes and for client viewing it is ok.

Thanks for the replies