PDA

View Full Version : Draw order?

Bryan Thatcher
2010-07-07, 11:57 AM
I have a family that I created to mask out parts of a plan. But I can't get it to show up on top of what I want to mask. I tried placing it in the actual sheet, but I get an error. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Alfredo Medina
2010-07-07, 12:11 PM
Can you post a picture to illustrate the issue? Probably this can be achieved with other tools, such as plan regions. Creating a family to mask out parts of a plan does not sound 'familiar'.

Bryan Thatcher
2010-07-07, 12:36 PM
The family is a mask region with a line on either side. The red rectangle shows where the family is 'under' the part that needs to be masked. I have edited the image to show what I need. There is an 2" expansion joint that needs to bee shown. Thanks.

Alfredo Medina
2010-07-07, 12:44 PM
Annotate > Region > Masking region > make a sketch with a rectangle at the desired location. Before finishing the sketch, select which lines of the rectangle should have invisible lines.

SkiSouth
2010-07-08, 12:48 AM
. There is an 2" expansion joint that needs to bee shown. Thanks.
Just in this section view, or in the model? There is a simple wall expansion joint family running around here somewhere. Pop it on a face, and let it cut the wall...

Ah Ha ! Here (http://forums.augi.com/showpost.php?p=548815&postcount=5) it is....

Maybe this will give you some ideas