PDA

View Full Version : DWF Writer

Tobie
2004-12-15, 01:03 AM
I printed a dwf file, but our bmp logo in the title block does not show up. Has anyone come across this problem, and more importantly, found a way to fix it.
Thanks.

beegee
2004-12-15, 03:21 AM
I'm wondering if it could be a printer problem ?
What results do you get if you print in PDF ?

Try these possibilities:-

switch between vector and raster printing.
set printing to colour not black and white.
set number od colours to printer setting.

Chad Smith
2004-12-15, 04:09 AM
I find DWF for Revit still quite dodgy to use, and definitely not the quality that the Autodesk website describes it to be. :evil:

I'd suggest still using PDF's for electronic document transfers.

Tobie
2004-12-15, 04:19 AM
changed our logo to a high quality jpg and now it works. our dwf's quality is not to bad.
thanks for the help.

Dimitri Harvalias
2004-12-15, 06:08 PM
Just finished printing a full BP set in DWF and had some serious issues. Quality was set to HIGH (400 dpi, I think that relates to). I reviewed the final output prior to sending to our plotting service and didn't spot any problems.
When the plots returned all section mark heads were not filled, all the text on the building elevations was not there.
The problem is easily solved by reducing the setting to MEDIUM resolution, but we really shouldn't have to do this.
Our local print houses are having some difficulty getting OCE drivers to work properly. I hope they get it straightened out because I really like the DWF format.

Innamae
2006-02-20, 05:19 PM
We finally figured out how to get all our section mark heads filled and such - we need to set our dwfs to full colour - nothing works if set to black - our problem now is that our title blocks are not printing properly - the text will be fine on one sheet and messed up on another - and this is completely inconsistent if its printed again. We have tried different fonts to no avail. Anybody found any solutions to our problem?

Wes Macaulay
2006-02-20, 05:36 PM
Not really. DWF really does seem to be problematic and we've moved away from it altogether. We're getting much better luck with PDF as well, especially using CutePDF (http://cutepdf.com/products/CutePDF/writer.asp)and PDFfactory (http://fineprint.com/products/pdffactory/index.html)...

Not only are we getting mixed results with DWF Writer, the new version doesn't even work properly with Revit! And the previous version (which we still use) occasionally crashes Revit completely without a chance to save a recovery.

If you're using version 3 of DWF Writer contact me and I'll get version 2 to you.

dbaldacchino
2006-03-15, 11:34 PM
I'm trying to do a 3D dwf for our MEP, but it's been going for over 30 minutes and nothing seems to happen. Does anyone know how long it takes to do this? The central file is only 27MBs. I've seen some 3D dwf files of building structure and they were really small files and looked pretty amazing to me, especially with having the ability to tell what steel section you're looking at, cutting sections at any point etc.

Oh and by the way.....what's with all the motorcycle avatars?!

Henry D
2006-03-16, 02:30 AM
I just did a 39MB 3D DWF and it exported in about 30 seconds. There must be some other issue. You might double check to make sure you know what folder the file is being exported to..it may already be exported.

My clients are loving these 3D DWF's!

blads
2006-03-16, 04:22 AM
<snip>

Oh and by the way.....what's with all the motorcycle avatars?!You might find an answer here. (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=35703).. but then again maybe not :)

dbaldacchino
2006-03-16, 04:49 AM
Hahaha I see what's going on here. People using Revit have a lot of extra time on their hands (because of the time saved not having to coordinate stuff, right?) So, they resort to acting like kids....nice, nice :)

Back to 3D DWF....what kind of "issues" could I be having? I left Revit exporting for over 1hr 15mins. and nothing happend. I had to shut down and start over as it quit responding. I tried exporting a small model and it worked. But not my 28MB project :( How do I know what writer version I'm using and should that really matter?