PDA

View Full Version : Linked model sheets sorting - 2011

t1.shep
2010-07-07, 08:20 PM
In 2011 they gave us the option to include sheets from linked models. Can anyone tell me how to get these to sort? My titleblock uses the DISCIPLINE, SORT ORDER, AND DISCIPLINE ORDER, parameter setup to organize by discipline then by specific sheet (regardless of the sheet number).
When I select to show linked sheets, they just go to the top of the list.

Scott Womack
2010-07-07, 08:41 PM
In 2011 they gave us the option to include sheets from linked models.

Only the "dummy" sheets in the main file drawing list are new to 2011. The include linked files for sheets goes back at least three different releases.

Can anyone tell me how to get these to sort? My titleblock uses the DISCIPLINE, SORT ORDER, AND DISCIPLINE ORDER, parameter setup to organize by discipline then by specific sheet (regardless of the sheet number).
When I select to show linked sheets, they just go to the top of the list.

The titleblocks in the LINKED files need to have EXACTLY the same shared parameters in it, as do your titleblocks. Then they will fall into the correct placement/order. Without the titleblocks in the linked files having these, you get the behavior you are describing.

t1.shep
2010-07-07, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the clarification Scott. I never realized that I could bring in the linked sheets.:rolleyes: Now the question is how to get our consultants to use the parameters in our title block correctly...
as for those dummy sheets...can you get those to sort? It seemed like when I added a new row it just went to the top?

patricks
2010-07-07, 09:11 PM
Placeholder sheets in 2011 will have the same parameters as your normal sheets. So if you have a "Sort Order" parameter or something similar, apply it to the new placeholder sheet to make it go into the right place.

t1.shep
2010-07-07, 09:27 PM
Placeholder sheets in 2011 will have the same parameters as your normal sheets. So if you have a "Sort Order" parameter or something similar, apply it to the new placeholder sheet to make it go into the right place.

The trick here is to make sure that your Sorting parameters are visible in the schedule so that you can change those parameters in the placeholder sheet. Mine where hidden in the schedule and I couldn't figure out how to change the sort parameters until I changed the "hidden field" check box.

patricks
2010-07-07, 09:34 PM
The trick here is to make sure that your Sorting parameters are visible in the schedule so that you can change those parameters in the placeholder sheet. Mine where hidden in the schedule and I couldn't figure out how to change the sort parameters until I changed the "hidden field" check box.

Yeah we keep 2 versions of the drawing list schedule. One says ON TITLE SHEET in the schedule title, and the other one says DO NOT PLACE which has all fields visible. We don't show the schedule title above the list so it's fine to have that in the schedule title.